Friday 22 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 6 Day 4 - Gliding Time

 Kia Ora bloggers! Welcome back to another crafty post! Today for the Kick Start task I had to make my own glider out of recycled items. So I used: Paper, sellotape, glue, cardboard and a kebab stick. I had a lot of fun making it. I also had to label some parts of the glider.

Here is my Glider:

My Glider didn't really work because it didn't fly in a straight line and kept flying everywhere. I also have a video of me testing the Glider:

And here is a video of me getting the Glider:

For the Step It Up task I had to Plan a design of a different Glider and then test it out and make a video which is above. The second test flight didn't really work because I think I added a Lego person which made it a bit heavier as well as a gliding handle.

Hope you enjoyed today's task!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, Helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!!

3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Maddison

    It’s Renee from the Summer Learning Journey Team, here. Ka pai for your mahi on this fantastic blog post. I particularly like that you have included photos (with diagrams), videos, and a written explanation of this activity. This has made your post really informative and interesting to read. It’s awesome that you managed to get your glider flying - can you think of any ways that you could modify your glider to get it to fly further? I think that you have done such a great job on this post that I have marked it as an OUTSTANDING post, which means that you have earned bonus points towards your Summer Learning Journey tally. Ka pai Maddison!

    As we are now coming to the end of the Summer Learning Journey I would love to know which SLJ activities have been your favourite?

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the awesome blogging!
    Renee (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Renee,
      Thankyou for you comment!I think a way I could've done was take a video with out the hanger and then test it to which one was better. My favourite would be the Soundtrack Of Summer, because I love music and listening to music is my thing.
      Hope you enjoyed my Summer Learning Journey.
      Blog You Later!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Evening Maddison

    Another great activity. You really thought outside the box with this one, adding the hanger and person to it. I would have liked to have seen the video without the hanger. Which one flew better, with or without the person?

    Awesome work
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.