Thursday 21 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Wee 6 Day 3 - Pixel Art

 Welcome back to another post! Today I used Pixel Art Maker to create images from it. For the Kick Start I had to make an image from the top of my mind, so I did a chocolate and strawberry ice - cream on a cone. And for the Step It Up Task I had to make a tree, so I did a Pohutukawa Tree. 
Here is my ice - cream:

And here is my tree:
 

3 Facts About Pixels:

1. Your screen that is in front of you right now might have over 1 million megapixels!

2. One little Pixel Square will hold three colours, Blue, Green and Red, these colours will make over 
16,777,16 other colour variations!

3. Pixel is short for 'Picture Element'.

Hope you learnt a few things about pixels!

Hope you enjoyed today's task!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!!

4 comments:

  1. Ata mārie Maddison,

    You have done an outstanding job completing both the kickstart and step it up parts of the pixel art activity - well done! I really like the delicious looking chocolate/strawberry ice cream you have made - yum! Now I want to eat one! Are the small bits of colour in your art sprinkles? They look really cool!

    I’m so glad to see you have created a native pohutukawa tree. This is very unique and the only pohutukawa pixel tree I have ever seen. Ka pai for being so creative! I love how your tree is in full red blossom. Was this the first time you have made pixel art? You are very good at it.

    Thanks for teaching me cool pixel facts too!

    Keep up the fantastic mahi.

    Mā te wā,
    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fiona,
      Yes, they are sprinkles, I just added then for decoration! I have done pixel art before with an app called Pixel Art. Have you ever used Pixel Art or created a pixel image?? Did you see I added a little bird in the tree trunk?
      Hope you enjoyed today's task!
      Comment You Later!!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Maddison,

    I did spot the bird in the tree and I thought WOW what a cute little bird! That is such amazing attention to detail - well done!

    I have never made a pixel image before or used Pixel Art, but I plan on starting asap because it looks like a lot of fun. Last year in class we made pixel images by hand using pencil and paper. It was actually a little bit boring - I think the students would definitely have preferred making digital pixel art.

    I'm off to start learning pixel art. Wish me luck!

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Maddison,

    You do really have a creative mind. I liked the extra details you put into your pixel art, like the sprinkles on the ice cream and the ice cream dripping down the cone. And then the bird resting in the tree.
    I might give pixel art a go myself.

    Great work
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.