Thursday 21 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 6 Day 3 - Mondrian

 Kia Ora bloggers! For the Kick Start I had to make my own Mondrian Art. And for the Step It Up I had to make another art and find the areas and fractions of that piece of art.

Here is my first art:

 

I learnt that Piet Mondrian moved to Paris where he met Georges Braque and Pablo Picasso then he moved back to the Netherlands. He calls the art he did before he past, 'Neoplasticiam'. the thing that was challenging was that I didn't know what pattern to do so I just did a easy one. The thing that was easy was to just three colours instead of doing so many different colours.

Here is my second art:


 

Here is my maths: 

Key: 1 square = 1 cm

Area:
Blue: 61 cm
Red: 42 cm
Yellow: 44 cm
White: 77 cm

Fractions:
Blue: 1/4 of the whole square
Red: 1/6
Yellow: 1/4
White: 1/3

The thing that was challenging was to try and get a different pattern to the one above but I just did the colours differently. The thing that was easy was I just placed the colours anywhere.

Hope you enjoyed today's task! 

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!!

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maddison,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey. Ka pai for your work on this fantastic blog post and creating your own Mondrian inspired artwork. I'm so glad to see that you have completed both the Kick Start and Step it Up activities - great stuff! I will make sure you are awarded points for both activities!

    Well done for describing what you learnt, what was fun and what was challenging about this activity. I found it really interesting learning about Mondrian’s life. He must have been a really brave man to start painting in a way that was so different from what other artists were creating during his lifetime.

    You have done a great job calculating the area and fraction for each of the colours in your art. Do you enjoy doing maths at school? I really like maths activities when they are combined with another fun subject like art or science.

    Keep up the fantastic learning.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fiona,
      I really like dong maths at school on it's own. Before you knew bout this task, have you ever heard of Piet Mondrian??
      Hope you enjoyed today's task!
      Comment You Later!!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Hi Maddison

    Another great maths activity. I had not heard of Mondrian art before reading your post. You have done a great job recreating these pieces. I like how you were able to describe the challenges that you had.

    Awesome blog
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mum,
      I had a lot of fun doing this task. Until this task, I had not ever heard of Mondrian before.
      Love you, Mum
      Maddison

      Delete
  3. Hi Maddison

    I've just seen your great Mondrian art blog post. I love Mondrian's art! Your pieces are really effective. Thank you so much for adding the key to enable me to try it myself.

    Ngā mihi
    Ms Campbell (Hay Park School)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.