Sunday 30 December 2018

Week 1 Day 2 Activity 3 - Weird and Wonderful

This is my 3rd post for Day 2 in Week 1.

How to solve,  how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?

And I found the answer to the Question: You have to feed it water 1095 mls a year.

Wow! That  is how much you have to feed water to your cactus

This is how I figured the answer out. 
I did 3 times 5 =15
then 3 times 60=180
3 times 300=900
15 +180 =195
900+195=1095

There's the answer!
One Thousand and Ninety Five

Be sure to follow my blog to see more of my Summer Learning Journey.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maddison

    It is really cool what you did like that you had the answer
    well done and I can't not wait to read some more awesome posters of you

    Bolg you later
    From your Friend Pao :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fakalofa lahi atu Maddison,

    I can see that you've found an equation for this problem and shown how you solved it very carefully and clearly. I can see that you used your place value knowledge to help solve the problem correctly, ka mau te wehi!

    Perhaps next time you could explain where you got all the numbers you used from. Sometimes math can be very tricky, well done on persevering. Here's an extra challenge: how much water would you have to give the cactus over the three years?

    It was a joy to read your post, keep up the good work.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddison,

    I am very impressed with your maths equation. You have shown your working very clearly. I like how you have broken it down into steps then put them back together. Did the 3 come from how many mls you need to feed it per day?

    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.