Sunday 10 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 4 Day 5 - Rehua

Kai Ora bloggers. Today's post is another Te Reo Maori task. We had to make a poster of Rehua features and summer features and make a collage. We had to make the collage from a proverb that says in English "Rehua Is On Fire". We also had to figure what differences Rehua and Antares have. I added the information to google drawings.  

Here is the collage of the Proverb:


And the Collage of the differences:

Hope you enjoyed today's post!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maddison

    I’m glad you’re getting stuck in with all of the Māori activities. They’re some of my favourites!

    I never knew about Rehua! There is still so so much about Māori myths and legends and lore that I have no idea about. I grew up just hearing about the tales of Mauī.

    I looked up Rehua and apparently for some groups it is identified with different star groups other than Antares. Some say Rehua is Betelgeuse or Sirius. It would be cool to know more about the stars! It’s a shame I can’t see them much in the city.

    Great work Maddison,

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Benjamin,
      I never knew about Rehua until I translated some of the short stories on the google slides. I had a lot of fun doing this task! I would like to know more about the stars more as well!
      Enjoy the rest of your day!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Hi Maddison,

    Once again you have taught me something. As Benjamin mentioned I too grew up with the myths and legends of Maui, also Hatu Patu, not sure if you remember us driving past Hatu Patu when we go to Mahia. I have not heard of Rehua, I am intrigued to do some research of my own and see what other Maori myths and legends there are.

    You are doing great with the Te Reo activities, especially having to translate them so you know what you are doing.

    Keep up the awesome Mahi!!!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.