Monday 11 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 5 Day 1 - Build an Anti Gravity Glass with Nanogirl!

Kia Ora bloggers! Today I had to create a Anti Gravity Glass with the help of Nanogirl. For the first task we had to fill up a drinking glass with water to the top and put a piece of thin cardboard onto the top and tip the glass upside down. The first time I tipped the glass upside down it didn't work and the water spilled out but I tried again and it worked. Then for the second task we had to cut an empty plastic bottle to make a little cup with the bottom half, cut a hole big enough to fit the string through and do the same on the opposite side and then tie the string through and do a double knot. Then you need to add a little bit of water in the little cup you made and twist the string around your hand (not to tight) and then swing it around in a circle out in front of you and then see how much water came out. 

Here are the videos I created.

The Cup Test:


The Bottle Swing:


Hope you enjoyed today's task!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maddison,

    It's my favourite time of the week. I look forward to seeing what exciting experiments Nanogirl has in store for you. And once again I have been wowed. What a great experiment. Were you scared tipping the glass over with the cardboard? I think I would have been. And spinning the bottle around too with water and NanoNanogirl inside it. I was really surprised the water didn't spill on you.
    Why do you think the water didn't spill on you when you spun it over your head?

    Awesome work
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Maddison,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. You have done an awesome job on the ‘Nanogirl Anti-Gravity’ task!

    As always, I am super impressed with your work! What did you think about this task? I think that the Nanogirls tasks are always very hands-on which I think is awesome.

    I thought it was very surprising when the water stayed in the glass and the bottle during the experiments, had you ever done these experiments before? Can you think of any other experiments that can be considered anti-gravity?

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.