Tuesday 12 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 5 Day 2 - Summer Symmetry

 Kia Ora bloggers! Today's task is about maths and symmetry. We had to take photos of 4 things inside and outside our house, put them onto a google drawing and then add lines to make  the image look symmetrical. Then we had to create our own symmetry pattern or design and the put it onto our blog.

Click below to see my 4 photos:


And here are some screencastify's of my designs.

Outside Design:

 

Inside Design:




Hope you enjoyed today's post!!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon Maddison,

    You have really impressed me with your progress through this year's Summer Learning Journey. You have become very talented with the way you are presenting the different activities.

    You have a great eye for symmetry objects. I know it was a bit tricky in the beginning but once you figured out how to spot the differences, you were off.

    Have you tried taking a photograph of something up against a mirror?? That would make it a symmetrical image. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

    Keep up the fantastic blogging
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Maddison,

    It’s Charlotte again, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. Great work on the ‘Summer Symmetry, Kick-start and Step-it-up’ task!

    Ka pai on creating two pieces of symmetrical art, I am very impressed. Did you find it hard finding items that are symmetrical? I had a look around my lounge and couldn’t find too many things!

    I think it’s awesome how you included a piece of art using only items from outside! Nature is so beautiful, sometimes I like to go hiking and spend some time listening to the sounds I can hear in nature.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.