Saturday 26 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 2 Day 3 - Māui Me Te Rā

Kia Ora Bloggers. Today's task is about How Maui Slowed The Sun. We had to figure out what we had to do by translating our task from Maori to English. We had to make a copy of a slideshow that was also in Maori. then we had to make our own poem or story of How Maui Slowed The Sun. For the step it up task we had to screencastify our poem or story. I chose to do a story and then I screencastified it. Here is the video of my screencastify:


I first wrote my story on a google doc:



Thankyou for looking at my blog post.

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment.

Blog You Later!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Maddison,

    WOW!!! I was really impressed with your story. You used some great descriptive words. And your screen castify was very clear and precise. I also enjoyed reading your version of How Maui and his brothers slowed the sun. It is great reading about team work especially when it comes to siblings.
    Team work makes the dream work.

    Keep up the awesome blogging.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mum,
      Thank you. I also enjoyed recreating this story. Yes team work makes the dream work.
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Maddison

    Benjamin here again

    Sorry, you’re probably getting sick of hearing from just me haha. All of our team are on holiday but they’ll be back soon.

    I’m impressed that you produced such a thorough piece of work despite the language barrier. I’m assuming though that you don’t speak te reo Māori, would that be right? Apologies if I was wrong to assume. I hope to be fluent in reo Māori one day, how about you?

    Also, I tautoko everything that your Mum has said about your work, especially where she has said that your screencastify is clear and precise. You've got amazing communication skills :D.

    Mā te wā
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Benjamin,
      Yes you are correct in assuming I am not fluent in Te Reo. I do hope to learn some more. I am part Maori. My whanau are from the Rongomaiwahine Tribe on the East Cost of Aotearoa. So I am still learning Te Reo, but do enjoy the bits I know.
      Thank you for your support and positive feedback.
      Maddison

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.