Thursday 17 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 1 Day 2 - Insect Art - Step It Up

My next task has arrived for everyone to see!! For today's task we had to use leaves, sticks, rocks and other outdoor equipment that's in our gardens or backyard, to make an insect or a scene. I chose to do a scene. 

Here is my scene, Summer Delight.  I came up with this name as it represents Summer with the flowers and bright green leaves, and when I think of Summer it fills me with a feeling of delight. 

I used some dandelion flowers, not only as a flower in my scene but I also used one to represent the sun.  I tried to use the big leaf like an umbrella.  Using a stick and some grass I made a tree.  Then the broken pieces of grass are meant to look like  leaves fallen from the tree.  I also added a Lego person at the last moment.

Do you think there is anything else I could have added?


Please leave a Thoughtful, Helpful and a Positive comment.

Blog you later!!

Stay tuned for another post!!

6 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Maddison,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I think that the summer scene you created from plants is amazing!

    I think that it is amazing that you can make artwork this cool out of materials that you found outside, I wonder what other pieces of art you could make with things that you find lying around - I would love to see some if you make any!

    What a great name for your scene, I love that you described what this name meant to you.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Charlotte,

      Thank you for your comments. I love creating art from many things. I have used shells before and sticks. For one of our school fundraisers we made fridge magnets from pistachio nut shells. Glued them in the shape of a flower then painted them. I really enjoyed making those.

      It makes me feel really good that you liked my scene name. Summer is my favourite season. What is yours?

      Have a great weekend
      Maddison

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Maddison,

      Summer is my favourite season as well, because I love to go swimming, spend time at the beach, and eat lots of ice-cream. What do you like to do during summer?

      WOW, those magnets that you made for your school fundraisers sound awesome! I used to make magnets for as Christmas presents when I was younger.

      Ngā mihi nui
      Charlotte
      Summer Learning Journey

      Delete
    3. Hi Charlotte,
      I like to spend time at the beach with my family in Summer. What sort of magnets did you used to make as presents?
      Thanks
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Maddison,

    I am impressed with your creativity. And how you improvised, imagining things like the flower representing the sun, and a leaf as an umbrella.
    Your description of your scene was very creative too.
    Wonder if there was anything in the garden that you could use to represent water, other than water.

    Creative blogging, keep it up
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum,

      As you know I love making things. So I really enjoyed this activity. I could have used blue flower petals to represent water. I could have also used some of the dirt from our garden as the sand on the beach.

      Thanks for your comment
      Maddison

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.