Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 1 Day 4 - Rise Up

Welcome back to my blog. After watching a video of Mangere College's song  We Will Rise, I had to create my own chorus for a song.  I did find this quite hard to start with.  I wasn't sure where to start.  After some time I finally got an idea.  Here is my finished chorus:





For the Step It Up challenge I had to sing the chorus or recite as a poem with someone else or on your own. I thought it would be fun to do with my sister.  Here is the video of me and my sister singing it:


What do you think of my chorus??

Have you ever made your own chorus or song?

Make sure to comment down below what you think in a Positive, Thoughtful and Helpful way.

Blog you later!


4 comments:

  1. Afternoon Maddison,

    What a great chorus you have written. You did a great job sharing this with Leeya and teaching her how to sing it. I really liked the line where you said 'Don't give up now' It is a great line and really good advice.
    What was your favourite part of this activity?

    Keep up the great blogging
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon Mum,
      My favourite part was actually writing the chorus and having to come up with the words. I also had lots of fun singing it with Leeya.
      Hope you are having a great day
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Maddison,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Awesome job!! Writing lyrics is a very difficult task especially when you're on a time crunch but you got it done and wrote some amazing lyrics. Your song is very motivational and sweet, I think it sends a nice message to never give up and keep trying to reach your goals! I would like to know what inspired you to write this song.

    In regards to your step up portion of this post I love how you included your sister in your video that is very kind of you. I am proud of you for posting a video of yourself singing as I know that can be quite a nerve wracking task but you did it anyway!
    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zana,
      What inspired me is my parents always telling me to give everything a go and not to give up after the first try. I was nervous doing the step up part of this activity, but I felt more confident having my little sister singing with me.
      Thanks for your comments
      Maddison

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.