Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 1 Day 4 - What are you doing today?

Welcome back to my blog.  

For this activity I had to learn some Te Reo Maori.

Firstly I had to complete some activities learning how to say 'What are you doing today?' and how to respond to this questions.  Check out my slide to see what I learnt.

 Next I had to draw a picture of my whanau and myself doing what I answered in one of the slides about what I am doing today.  My answer was I am going to the beach.

Here is my picture





Finally, I had to make a screencastify of me practising with someone in my whanau. I chose to do this with my little sister, Leeya.

Check it out here:



Thanks for checking out my blog.  
Check back soon for more of my Summer Learning Journey.
Blog You Later!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Maddison,

    I really enjoyed watching you teach your little sister how to ask the question. You were very clear with your answer. You have shared some great work today. Such a wide range of different learnings. Slideshows, drawing and a video.

    Maybe next time you could ask the question and have Leeya answer as well.

    Keep up the awesome Mahi!!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum,

      That is a great idea. I will keep that in mind if I have the chance to in upcoming activities.
      Thank you for your positive comment
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Maddison,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    I enjoyed this activity because I think it is important for everyone to learn and practice their Te Reo Māori. Your slide was very well done and you translated and rearranged the sentences well! I see that you went to the beach for the day that is awesome and I like that you drew a picture showing what you did at the beach, looks like fun and I love the little shell you drew.

    Your screencastify is awesome, your pronunciation of the words is very good and it is great to see you teaching your sibling some Te Reo as well. Next time you could attempt to have a conversation in Te Reo, you can ask the questions and your sibling can repeat the answer.

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,
      Thank you for your thoughtful comments. You had the same suggestion as my mum for next time. I will be sure to keep it in mind.
      Have a great day
      Maddison

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.