Friday 18 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 1 Day 3 - Optical Illusions

Welcome back to my blog. Today's task is to make an illusion.  Do you know what an optical illusion is??  It is a picture that plays tricks with your mind.  It makes your mind think it is seeing something moving or makes shapes appear from using other shapes in a different way. 

I made mine from an image I saw a few weeks ago, so I decided to see if I could recreate it myself. Have you ever tried to make one yourself or seen any?? Here is my creation.  


What illusion does it make you see? (Hint: the answer is in my video below, if you are unable to see it)



I also have made a Screencastify of how I made my illusion and how easy it is to make your own by showing you how someone else made a simple one too.  Check out my video below.  


Blog you later!!

Stay tuned for another post!

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Maddison,
    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

    These optical illusions are very fun to make and even funner to look at! You did an amazing job at creating this illusion and it truly does look like the lines are moving and spiraling.

    You did such a great job and I found it very helpful that you added a screencastify explaining and showing how you created your illusions, this is very beneficial for any readers who may wish to create an illusion of their own.

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Zana,

      I am happy to hear that my screencastify was helpful. I did find it a little tricky to make. I wanted to make sure I said everything I needed to and didn't miss any instructions. I filmed myself 3 times before I got it right.

      Thanks again for your wonderful comments
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Afternoon Maddison,

    I really enjoyed watching your explanation of how an optical illusion works and how I could make my own. You also did a great job creating your own.
    Would adding colour to it change the optical illusion?

    Keep blogging.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum

      I think maybe the colour would change. I will give it a go and see. Thank you for your supportive comments

      Maddison.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.