Saturday 16 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 5 Day 5 - It's A Balancing Act

 Kia Ora bloggers! Today I had to watch a video of someone stacking some rocks on the edge of a small river by a little water fall and the he takes photos of the stack. Then for the Kick Start task I had to try and stack some rocks like him in the video. And for the Step it up I had to do the same thing but either with only rocks or sticks or both. So I decided to use both as well as using sticks on their own. We also had to add an image onto a google drawing and add labels to what are the important parts of the stack. I also named my stacks, The Haunted Stone Temple, Sticks, Sticks And Even More Sticks!, and The Two-Headed Lizard.

Here is my slideshow I added them to:


Hope you enjoyed today's post!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maddison

    It’s Shannon here, from the Summer Learning Journey.

    What an awesome job you have done with this blog post. You must be very co-ordinated to be able to balance sticks and stones because they don’t often have flat edges. The pictures look great and you have labelled them very well. Unfortunately I couldn’t watch your videos, so could you please change your sharing access, because I would love to see the process you went through.

    Did you think it was easier building with sticks or stones? I live near a beach that has lots of visitors and often when we go for a walk we see lots of stones balanced in piles. I had to check that they were just balanced and not glued together because they look so amazing.

    Keep up the fantastic blogging and I look forward to coming back to view your videos.

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Shannon,
      Sorry about the videos. I didn't even think to check the settings.
      I had a lot of fun doing this task!
      Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Hi Maddison,

    Sadly I still can't see them! You should have received an email requesting to give me permission to access the file you have uploaded in this post as I am not currently able to do so (and neither is anyone else visiting your blog).

    Could you please grant me access? Thank you - I am really looking forward to listening to your recording.

    Mā te wā
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Maddison

    Appears your videos are working now. Hopefully everyone else can watch them. You had great perseverance with this activity. It was great watching you not give up. But also problem solving how you could get them to work. Do you think it would have been easier or harder if you had used bigger rocks? What other things do you think you could have a go at balancing with?

    Great mahi!!!
    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.