Monday 28 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 2 Day 5 - 3D Paper

 Kia Ora Bloggers! Welcome back to another post. Today's task is about origami. We had to make a 3D star, a Paper cup and a Finger Trap. I had a lot of fun make them.  The first finger trap didn't work out because I made it a bit too big so I redid it. Then I made a smaller one. I also tried out the paper cup and the bottom of it started to go a bit soggy. I tried to make the star a few times but the paper kept on ripping and then the last time I finally got it right. I made a slideshow for the Instructions for the paper Finger Trap. Here is the slideshow:


I also have the videos for you to try make them:

And a 

Here is screencastify on how to make the Paper Finger Trap.

   

Let me know how it went below in a thoughtful helpful and positive comment.

Blog you later!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maddison

    Benjamin here again

    You’ve produced some impressive resources here. I’m wondering if you would mind me sharing this blog post for others who might be interested in making the finger trap? I think you’ve done a great job at breaking it down step by step.

    Mā te wā
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Benjamin!

      Yes, you can share this post, I don't mind if you do share it. I am very impressed with myself when I did this task. Origami is what I like to do.

      Happy New Year, Benjamin!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Evening Maddison,

    I know how much you enjoy origami, so this activity was right up your alley. I know you were a little disappointed when your first finger trap didn't work. You worked out what didn't work and came up with a solution and tried again. Your perseverance paid off. By changing the size of the paper you got it to work.

    I would have loved to have seen pictures of your star and cup. Yes paper doesnt hold water too well, but if you were in dire need of some water and you had nothing to drink from, the paper cup you created would work for that instant moment.

    Enjoying your journey, can't wait to see what other activities you get to complete.
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum,
      I was very excited when I saw this was an origami activity. This one was a little tricky, I almost gave up. After I thought about how I could make it easier for myself, I was able to complete it.
      Maddison.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.