Thursday 24 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 2 Day 2 - The Treasure Code

 Welcome back to my blog. What is today's task?? The task is about treasure codes and secret messages. We had to figure out what Pigpen, Atbash and Playfair Ciphers are. They were some type of secret message codes. I created one of each for the codes. The images down below are my messages that you will try to figure out what they say. we also had to record ourselves how encrypt and decrypt one of the codes.

This is what a Pigpen code looks like:



This is what a Playfair code looks like:



And this is what an Atbash code looks like:


Here is the video of my recording:

 

Here are some videos to watch on how to encrypt and decrypt each of these codes to figure out what I wrote for each code. 

Atbash

Playfair

Pigpen

Blog you later!! 

Don't forget to comment down below what you think I wrote for each code.

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Maddison

    Ben here again.

    Thanks for doing another great job on this new activity. Unfortunately the three images you provided aren’t showing. Luckily there is the great video you gave anyway so we still get to see your work. You’ve gone the extra mile by working on some different code types, tau ke!

    I think I’ve figured out your codes but I’ll keep it secret for now in case anybody else wants to try and figure it out.

    Merry Christmas Maddison!
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Benjamin,
      Thank you for your helpful comment. I have now fixed to picture so that everyone is able to see them.
      I will comment on this post once the Summer Learning Journey has finished with the answers.
      Hope you are having a great summer
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Hey Maddison

    I had lots of fun trying to cypher your codes. I did find the pigpen code a little tricky. I think I have figured out all three codes, but will too keep these to myself as to not ruin it yet for others.

    Awesome work
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum,
      I also found the pigpen code a little tricky at first. I had lots of fun coming up with my own codes to crack. I will post the answers at the end of the Summer Learning Journey.
      Maddison

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.