Monday 4 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey - Celebrating Summer - Week 4 Day 1 - Whai String Games: Kick Start

Welcome back to another amazing post! Today I had to read a story about two kids making a cup and a saucer out of string. Then I had to try and make it myself. I tried to make it with the 2 metre string but it was a bit to big so I did it with a 1 metre string. I also taught my little sister and my older brother. It was a bit hard to make the cup and saucer with my sister because the string kept slipping from her hands, but the final time we tried it worked! I also made a video on how to make it.

Here is the video of the 2 metre string:


Here is the video for the 1 metre string:


Here is the video of me teaching my sister:



And here are a few photos of me teaching my brother and the master piece that is finished with the 2 & 1 metre string:


Hope you enjoyed my post!

Don't forget to leave a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment!

Blog You Later!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Maddison,

    Dad and I both enjoyed watching you figure this out. And then showing your siblings how to do it. We both remember playing these games when we were younger. Have you looked up any other ones to learn??

    Awesome blog post
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mum,
      I haven't looked up any other ones to do. But maybe I could one day.
      Enjoy the rest of your day!
      Maddison

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kia Ora Kuia,
      Thanks, It is fun!
      Have an awesome rest of your day!
      Maddison

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Maddison, Kiana-Marino here from the Summer Learning Program.

    Te Miharo hoki! This is awesome! This activity looks like so much fun especially when you have other people to do it with you. I remember when I was in primary school and us kids would try to create diamonds and hand tricks using string which were heaps of fun. This would be a cool activity to teach your friends when you return to school after the holidays.

    Good job at collecting some snap shots and videos of your work, you have some great demonstration skills as well as great problem solving skills also with the string. Even with a 1 menter you still managed to pull it off. Ka pai e hoa!

    Keep up the awesome blogging my friend. I look forward to your response and future posts on your blog.

    Ngā mihi,
    Kiana-Marino

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.